Representing Bicyclists and Pedestrians across Tennessee
- Due Care Law introduced by BWT broadens the requirement that drivers must exercise relative to bicyclists and pedestrians and enhances penalty for certain traffic violations.
- Bicycle tolerant Rumble Strip policy in Tennessee that sets a new national standard.
- Establishing/conducting new Rutherford County Bike Safety Committee
- Advocating for Bicyclists Injured/Killed in Traffic.
- Advocating for Bicycling Safety in tests and manuals for motorists.
- KEEPING YOU INFORMED with our BLOG and advocacy communications.
Making a Difference:
Bike Walk Tennessee was formed in August of 2009. Since that time it has contributed to
INVEST in the future of Bicycling and Pedestrian activities across your Tennessee.
1) We need to hire and fund a pro- fessional staff. Volunteers will do their best, but like you they only have so much free time
2) We need to help form advocacy organizations in every major city and town in Tennessee -- where YOU live.
3) We need to make our roads and trails safe for ALL users.
ENJOY YOUR BIKE, JOG, HIKE?
FOR THE LATEST NEWS ABOUT BICYCLING AND PEDESTRIAN ACTIVITIES IN TENNESSEE
You may contact us at BikewalkTN@gmail.com
Got Questions? Want to share some ideas? Want to volunteer?